All students are required to be over 17 years of age and hold a Valid Learner Permit. The Essential Driving Training or EDT is a program of 12 Mandatory Driving lessons. These lessons must be completed with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI). All First Time Drivers that complete 10+ lessons with us automatically qualify for a 1 year introductory discount up to 20% with First Ireland Insurance. A link is available on our Resources Page.
RSA Confirms ……
Driving Lessons Resume For All Learner Drivers.
Essential Workers Can Return To EDT Driving Lessons.
All Essential Worker Can Return To Driving Lessons From May 10th. Self Declaration Forms on http://rsa.ie – Driver Training Call 0868314211
Level 5 Restrictions Continue …
Due to the Government Announcements Level 5 Restrictions To Continue to At least April 5th. No EDT Driving Lessons . Only Pretest Lessons For Essential
Note From The rsa.ie
Covid Level 5 Restrictions Remain in Place Until 5 March 2021. We Can Continue To Provide Instruction Pretest Lessons To People Who Have A Booking
LEVEL 5 RESTRICTIONS.Pre Tests Available.
Pre Tests Lessons Available. If You Have A Driving Test Date in Tullamore. Call 0868314211 Proof of Test Time And Date Printout Required.
The 12 EDT Driving Lessons
- EDT Lesson 1: Car controls and safety checks
- EDT Lesson 2: Correct positioning
- EDT Lesson 3: Changing Direction
- EDT Lesson 4: Progression Management
- EDT Lesson 5: Correct positioning (more complex situations)
- EDT Lesson 6: anticipation and reaction
- EDT Lesson 7: Sharing the road
- EDT Lesson 8: Driving safely through traffic
- EDT Lesson 9: Changing Direction (More complex situations)
- EDT Lesson 10: Speed management
- EDT Lesson 11: Driving calmly
- EDT Lesson 12: Night Driving
Reduced EDT Program
The Reduced 6 hour EDT Program is for drivers from outside Ireland who hold a Valid Full B Licence from a Country that does not have a Licence exchange agreement with Ireland. Drivers who are eligible for the Reduced EDT program will only need to take Lessons 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 Before taking the practical Exam.